Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Why You Should Never Let a Physicist Name Your Cat

Me: *whispering* Aren't they adorable?
Marty: What are you going to name them?


Me: Well, since you've never had cats before, I figure you get the honors.
Marty: Hmmm....

Three Weeks Later, after Much Deliberation

Marty: I've narrowed it down to two options. Want to hear them and help me decide?
Me: Sure!

Marty: So, it's either Lepton and Tachyon...or Joule and Fermi. What do you think?
Me: Uhhh....can you wait here a minute?

(runs to bathroom, closes door, begins shrieking)

Marty: Uhm, sweetie? Is that a vote for Lepton and Tachyon, then?
Me: (yells from bathroom) I REFUSE to have a cat whose nickname is TACKY!

A Physicist and his Cats. Maxwell, left. Faraday, right.

Meet Faraday and Maxwell. Yeah, they're named after famous physicists.
Hey, better than particles.

#whosaysicantcompromise

So about that original set of names?

According to Wikipedia (which is, you know, always right and all)
a Lepton is involved in Beta Decay. Or something.


And, surprising no one, a Tachyon is a faster than light particle. Beats the heck out of me what the animated gif is showing, but hey, #prettycolors.



Oh, and...

#yeahitreallyhappened !!


###




8 comments:

  1. yes, but the chances of running into another cat on the internet named Tachyon and Lepton would be infinitesimal

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad you went with Maxwell & Faraday

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Leapt on" certainly describes what cats do, but I agree with the final choices. I would be glad he didn't suggest "Schrödinger."

    --Purrs (and wags) from Life with Dogs and Cats

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least jewel and ferby sound normal.my friends named their twins micro and microbetta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least jewel and ferby sound normal.my friends named their twins micro and microbetta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha. We are lowbrows at my house...with our Tiny Johnson!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha. We are lowbrows at my house...with our Tiny Johnson!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If he went with Schrodinger the cat would never die now would it? I have one named Stinky - that is far worse than Tacky.

    ReplyDelete