Tuesday, July 21, 2015

What to Buy a Physicist

Marty: This. I want this. (points to portable mass spectrometer)


Me: Yeahhh, a small plastic thingy that glows purple when you push the button....
Marty: It's a mass spectrometer.
Me: Uh-huh.
Marty: A portable one.
Me: Uh-huh.


Marty: It'll scan the molecular structure of anything. Look! (gestures to website)
Me: (gasp) It's 250 freaking dollars!
That's, like, two Prime subscriptions. Plus six months of Netflix!


Marty: Your point? (looks at front porch) Oh yeah, I totally see where your priorities lie.
Me: What? A girl's gotta have her Prime.
That's shopping and entertainment. See? I have all the bases covered.


Marty: (waves at spectrometer) This is entertainment.
I can entertain myself for hours with this.
I fail to see your point.

Wait.
Who needs two Prime subscriptions? This is a ploy, isn't it. You're trying to distract me.

Me: Ummm...
Marty: Tell you what. You can order it on Prime. Will that make you happy?
Me: Fine.

#notexaggeratingmuch  

###
Photo Credits

SCiO Pocket Spectrometer photos (yeah it's real), by Consumer Physics.

Amazon Prime delivery (NOT my front door, BTW)
courtesy Drew Stephens via Creative Commons & Flickr

5 comments:

  1. Snickers!! Men are so romantic!! Not!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but it will keep him busy for hours :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw that, I knew it had Marty all over it.

    Think of it this way, if you get it for him, you'll have blog fodder for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! Keeping him busy (and out of your hair) for hours is a good thing- most of the time

    ReplyDelete